Busy moms have learnt to ace it all. They know how to don several hats with grace and aplomb. From meeting deadlines at work to running daily errands to putting tasty food on the for family, they know how to have their life all put together. At times, they step into the shoes of becoming the breadwinner for the family, while contributing towards the family’s togetherness every single day. In serving these needs of the family, her own health tends to take a backseat. But here are some yoga asanas for busy moms to relax during whirlwind days!
Health Shots reached out to Dr Mickey Mehta, a Global leading holistic health guru and corporate life coach to get to know quick yoga poses for busy moms.
Easy and quick yoga sequence for busy women
Our expert recommends 7 asanas that can be a roadway to good health for women who are preoccupied in a day.
“Vajrasana is excellent for someone who suffers from digestive issues, lower back pain, anxiety or stress. Alongside, it also improves posture and helps in weight loss,” says the expert. This is also a meditative posture.
How to perform Vajrasana?
1. Sit with your back straight and legs stretched out and hands beside the hips with palms resting on the floor.
2. Fold your right foot and place it under the right buttock. Do the same with your left knee.
3. Place them in such a way that your feet touch each other at the back.
4. Close your eyes and simply focus on your breath. Imagine the stress releasing from your mind.
2. Cat-cow pose
The cat-cow pose improves focus and emotional balance. It also aids in relieving menstrual cramps and enhances spine flexibility. The expert explains how to perform this pose.
How to perform a cat-cow pose?
1. In the cat position, inhale, and curve your back with your face lifted up.
2. In the cow position, exhale and arch the back facing downward. This also eases back pain.
3. Do as many of these transitions as you can in 1 minute.
“This asana improves resilience, posture, core strength, coordination and helps tone the core muscles. This also helps shed belly fat,” says the expert.
How to perform Nakuasana?
1. Sit with legs stretched.
2. Exhale, and lift the legs up with eyes focusing towards the toes, balancing on the hips.
Also read: Heart disease hits busy working women the hardest. Control your risk factors to stay heart-healthy
4. Setu bandhasana
This gentle bridge pose gives strength to your back muscles, hamstrings, and glutes. It also releases any tension or fatigue in your back.
How to perform Setu bandhasana?
1. Lie down on your back on the floor.
2. Bring your feet close to the buttocks and knees should stay hip-width apart.
3. Inhale deeply, and raise the hips as high as you can so that your chest comes into your chin.
4. Stay in the position for as long as you can.
5. Supta Vakrasana
The expert suggests doing some twists and turns in Supta Vakrasana.
How to perform Supta Vakrasana?
1. Lie down on your back, and bring your feet close towards the hips.
2. Stretch out both arms to the sides at shoulder level.
3. In this position, first inhale, and while exhaling, take both legs to the right side, and head to the opposite side.
4. Make sure your left shoulder is relaxed.
6. Pavan Muktasana
Pavan muktasana increases the blood flow in hip joints, helps in losing weight, gives a massage to the intestines and other abdominal organs and also aids in losing belly fat. “It is another great asana to hug oneself to ease out the day’s tensions and serves as a gentle reminder to love yourself,” says the expert.
How to perform Pavan muktasana?
1. Lie down on your back.
2. Pull your knees towards the chest, and place them on the chest.
3. Now use your hands to grab the lower part of the knees and keep pushing the legs towards the chest.
4. Try to bend your head towards the knees and touch the knees.
5. Exhale, and release the pose.
This asana relaxes the body and is the easiest to perform. To perform this, simply lie down and relax your body.