Some resistance exercises can help take care of the bones. , increasing its density and preventing injuries or fractures; These exercises are also useful for improving coordination.
Exercising regularly is one of the healthiest habits to take care of your bones . While it’s good to integrate physical activity with proper nutrition, it alone goes a long way toward preserving bone density.
It increases resistance and reduces the risk of suffering from chronic diseases such as osteoporosis. . In addition, it helps maintain a healthy weight, essential to avoid bone disorders and inflammatory states.
It is not strictly necessary to use gym equipment; Although weights and machines help you get stronger , there are other ways to train at home . What are the best exercises to take care of bone health? Let’s find out together!
Exercises to do at home to take care of the bones
Bones, like muscles, are living tissues that tend to get stronger with regular physical activity. In general, people who maintain a consistent exercise routine have higher bone density than those who lead a sedentary lifestyle.
On the other hand, physical activity allows you to increase muscle strength and work on skills such as coordination and balance. All this reduces the risk of falls and fractures. , especially in those at risk, such as menopausal women or older adults. Here are 5 good options:
Classic squats are great for taking care of your bones. This workout focuses on strengthening the lower extremities to reduce the risk of knee injury. It is also ideal for firming the buttocks and increasing the resistance of the legs .
- Stand in an upright position, with your legs hip-width apart.
- Bend your legs until your buttocks are level with your knees.
- Avoid bending your torso, stay still for a few seconds and then return to the starting position.
- Do 3 sets of 12 repetitions.
NB If you want to increase the difficulty, use dumbbells.
This physical resistance exercise is an excellent option to strengthen the bones of the upper part of the body. Due to the tension that the arms must perform, push-ups help increase muscle and bone mass.
- Lie face down on a mat. Rest on the palms of your hands, apart from each other, and on the balls of your feet together.
- Extend your arms to lift your body and do a push-up without touching the floor with your body.
- Return to the starting position and do 3 sets of 10 reps.
3. Lifting the pelvis
Pelvic floor exercises have several benefits for bone health and muscle strength. In addition to increasing the resistance of the legs and buttocks, they work on the abdomen and relax the lower back. Consequently, this exercise is ideal for strengthening the pelvic floor.
- Lie face down.
- Extend your arms to your hips and lift your hips toward the ceiling.
- Contract your abs and glutes and hold this position for 5 seconds.
- Slowly return to the starting position and do 3 sets of 10 repetitions.
4. Leg raises
This exercise is also a good way to strengthen the skeletal system and especially the spine . It may be difficult to keep your balance initially, but you will get better with practice.
- Get on all fours (resting your hands and knees).
- Then lift one leg, stretching it to the height of the buttock.
- Hold the position for a few seconds and return to the starting position.
- Repeat with the other leg.
- Do 3 sets of 12 reps on each side.
We suggest you complete this brief training with which to take care of your bones as you go. This is an exercise that involves a series of natural leg movements aimed at strengthening muscles and bones. In particular, it is recommended to improve the strength of the knee joints.
- Stand facing a flat, raised surface, such as a bench or step.
- Place one foot on the surface, put your weight on it and bend the other leg.
- Keep your arms alongside your body, and if you prefer, hold dumbbells in your hand.
- Lower your leg off the step and repeat the exercise with the opposite leg.
- Perform 20 repetitions alternating legs.
- Do 3 sets of 20 reps each.
What are you waiting for to try these simple exercises? As you may have noticed, they are easy to make and don’t take much time. The most important thing is to train regularly , since the effects are only visible in the long term.