When engaging in physical activity to achieve a slim and toned body, people tend to focus on exercises for the arms, abdomen, and legs. However, it is advisable to pay attention to the bibs as well .
There are those who believe that by toning the chest muscles the elasticity of the skin in the area is maintained and consequently the breasts are toned.
In the next few lines we propose some exercises to do at home to tone the pectorals .
1. Aerobic exercises
If you want to start with a low-intensity activity but with guaranteed results, aerobic exercises are a great option.
You can choose from several alternatives, such as dancing, swimming, running, walking or cycling. These activities will help you burn calories and improve your cardiovascular system.
The main source of energy to perform these exercises is fat, so immediate results are seen in terms of weight loss.
2. Exercises for the pecs with weights and dumbbells
To work the chest area you can perform exercises with weights and dumbbells.
This exercise will help reduce the accumulated fat in the breast area. You just need a pair of dumbbells and follow these steps:
- First, stand tall, with your back straight and your legs together.
- Then, bend your legs while paying attention to your posture and looking straight ahead.
- Then take a deep breath and hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- Extend your arms at hip level.
- Then slowly raise them up to your chest, without flexing them.
- Finally, do 4 sets of 10 reps each.
3. Exercises for the pecs: push-ups
Push-ups are essential for toning muscles and reducing breasts by removing chest fat. You can do them anywhere and in fact, they are not complicated at all.
- First, lie face down on the floor or a mat.
- Then place your palms on the floor and do the same with your toes.
- Then, cross your arms and place your hands at chest level.
- Stay straight.
- Now go up and down with push-ups.
- Finally, do 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
4. Chest contractions
The Swiss ball is a useful tool for performing a variety of exercises, including those for pecs.
If you want smaller, firmer breasts, this is the exercise for you. You can do this with a ball or any other object that you can compress.
- To start, stand up and spread your legs slightly apart.
- Grab the ball with both hands. You have to keep it at chest height.
- Begin to squeeze firmly until you feel the contraction of the pectorals.
- Holding the compression for 5 seconds to work the muscles.
- Finally, do 10 repetitions and on the last one try to double the duration.
5. Chest exercises: ballerina arms
This exercise helps to reduce the breasts and generally defines the muscles and slims the figure, including the pectoral area.
- Stand up and keep your spine straight.
- Bring your legs together and tilt your chest slightly forward.
- You have to keep your head straight and looking forward to avoid neck pain.
- Raise one arm by bending it slightly, so that the fingers are at the level of the head (simulating the posture of a dancer).
- Return arm to starting position and repeat 10 times.
- Rest and switch arms.
- Perform 3 sets of 10 repetitions with each arm.
More tips for better results
- Practice physical activity daily.
- Exercise all areas of the body, not just the chest area.
- Do not forget to practice stretching, both before and after exercise.
- Follow a balanced diet and drink sufficient amounts of water.
- Always wear a suitable bra; in fact there are several models suitable for sport.
- Maintain good posture,regardless of whether you play sports.
- Avoid excesses of fatty and sweet foods that increase body fat. It is recommended to increase the intake of fruits, vegetables and proteins.
- Remember that exercise and nutrition should always go hand in hand.
Which one will you start with? Whatever your answer, remember to practice them constantly to get good results. It will be of little use to exercise from time to time and then return to a sedentary lifestyle.
It is also important to correct your eating habits and follow a complete and balanced diet. This is the ideal combination to get results.